As I mentioned in my earlier post, there are some old blog posts, back from when I didn't know what a blog was, and "posting" involved an HTML editor and FTP. I've discovered them in their original format, from an old .zip of the early-2000 site, and added them to the database, to swell the archives. With the dates ranging from the 1st of January to the 18th of February, 2000, here they are: (note that the titles, keywords and description, as well as any removed links, are modern adornments)
- Happy New Year (First ever blog post)
- The Williamwood mailing list
- Back to School
- Bohemian Raspberry announced
- Looking forward to my birthday
- Happy Birthday me
- We love you, Mr. No-one.
- Disenchantment with this hand-editing thing
- A short note (the last hand-edited blog post)
I also happened across an old web poll that ran at the same time as these posts. When asked what they liked best about the site:
- 1 respondent chose the Dreams.
- 4 respondents chose A Secret Pastry.
- No respondents chose the now-defunct DerekMurray.co.uk Story.
- No respondents chose the also-now-defunct chat room.
- 3 respondents chose the since-departed guestbook.
- No respondents chose the late, lamented message board.
- 1 respondent chose the home page.
Heady days, oh yes. I might put up some more of the old stuff, when I get the time. Which might be never.